– Greet students coming into the CSU office in a polite and pleasant manner, and provide detailed information about the CSU (including its services, campaigns, events, projects, and the Student Health and Dental coverage), and general information about university and affiliates services. Answer in-person, over the phone and email enquiries, and refer on as appropriate.
– Accept requisition forms, special project & bursary applications, space reservation request, club registrations, and various other documents, ensure completeness of information, and forward to the appropriate executive and staff.
– Approve postings according to established guidelines and inform students of current postering policy.
– Send faxes, distribute mail and packages, and maintain inventory of materials and supplies for the office.
– Update documents in reserve for the general public and CSU executives and staff. Photocopy and collate documents for distribution.
– Sell event tickets and promotional items. Maintain petty cash box.
– Assist executives, staff and student groups with booking meeting rooms and information booths.
– Keep oneself informed as to what is currently going on within the organization.
– Keep oneself informed of relevant university and CSU’s policies and procedures.
– Excellent spoken English skills and fluent French conversational skills
– Punctual and patient with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
– General knowledge of Concordia University and the CSU
– Good research skills
– Must be able to work independently with low supervision and as part of a team
– Be able to work at Loyola
– Computer literate, knowledge of Excel and Internet Explorer
– Must be authorized to work in Canada (valid SIN card required)
– Must be a full-time undergraduate student at Concordia University
– Internal candidates shall have preference according to the Collective Agreement
– Experience providing front-line service in a fast-paced environment
– Strong knowledge of Excel
– Approved into the Work Study program
Applications must include
– Cover letter and C.V.;
– Fall 2018 class schedule;
– Authorization email from Work Study Program if available.
**Internal candidates shall have preference.**
How to Apply:
Email your CV, cover letter, Fall class schedule (and work student authorization if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Receptionist Fall 2018” by September 25 2018. Please do not submit applications through Facebook. Incomplete application and applications that do not follow these steps will not be considered.
The Work Study Program allows full-time Concordia students to work on-campus part-time and is a service supported by Financial Aids and Awards office. Visit the Work-study program webpage for more information on how to apply for a Work Study Authorization. Keep in mind that eligible students must be registered full-time in a program and receiving governmental student aid. International (except U.S.) students are exempt from the latter criteria