The Concordia Student Union is currently seeking an undergraduate student studying full-time to fill the position of Advocacy Services Assistant at the CSU Advocacy Centre. Reporting to the Student Advocacy Coordinator, the Assistant helps students who find themselves in difficult academic related situations by accurately identifying their needs and executing the necessary course of action.
– To represent students in disciplinary meetings and hearings
– To help identify the best course of action in relation to students’ academic careers
– To review and edit student requests, readmission applications and other clerical duties
– To assist and advise students on procedures, rules and regulations
– To assist in promoting the services of the Centre to undergraduate students
– To contribute to larger projects
– Undergraduate student studying full-time at Concordia
– Superior listening and communication skills both written and verbal
– Ability to handle pressure and difficult interpersonal situations
– A strong knowledge of Concordia’s Code of Conduct (Academic)
– A strong knowledge of Concordia’s Code of Rights and Responsibilities
– A strong knowledge of all of Concordia’s regulations and policies
– Strong problem solving skills
– Knowledge of the CSU and it’s services
– Knowledge of the rules of natural law
– Able to take initiative and work independently
– Strong organizational skills
– Must be able to work with and represent the full spectrum of diversity within the Concordia community.
– Computer literate
– French or Mandarin are primary assets.
– Arabic, Hindi/Urdu or other languages are secondary assets
– Any training, certificate, or education related to the functions of the role
– Relevant experience is highly desirable
– Be approved for Work Study
Applications must include
– Cover letter and C.V.
– Fall 2018 and Winter 2019 class schedule.
– If available, please also include a copy of your authorization for Work Study received by e-mail from the Financial Aid & Awards Office.
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter, CV, class schedule, and Work Study authorization (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org (do not send through Facebook). Please use “Advocate – Fall 2018” as the subject line of your email.