Please register in to view contact information
MISSION OF THE ORGANIZATIONThe TQSOI is a non-profit organization that unites citizens and stakeholders from the community, including institutions, community organisations, the private sector, and elected officials in order to enhance the quality of life of individuals and to promote social development in the southern West Island. POSITION SUMMARYThe Communications Agent will assist with the creation of a communications strategy designed to reach out to the West Island population and stakeholders. The TQSOI is looking to optimize its current communication practices, which are mainly done through Facebook, a Mailchimp newsletter, and our WordPress website. The Agent will also be responsible for creating communications materials to promote the TQSOI’s initiatives and sensitize the population and stakeholders about local social issues. The Communications Agent will work in collaboration with a team of community members and under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator. TASK DESCRIPTION
- Factual and critical analysis of our organisation and its communication practices;
- Assist with the creation of a communications strategy;
- Visualize data and information for graphic design;
- Create social media content and other communications material;
- Disseminate the material;
- Document the communications strategy for evaluation;
- Evaluate the impact of the communications strategy.
- Applicants must be undergoing or have completed university level training in a program such as Communications, Public Relations, Political Science, Graphic Design or any related discipline that would give them good background skills required for the position;
- Knowledge of graphic design software and communication platforms (sample of design work is considered an asset);
- Working knowledge of social media;
- Ability to think critically;
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English and/or French (preferably both);
- Sound understanding of or interest in the issues of community and social development;
- Ability to complete tasks autonomously and in a timely manner;
- Resourcefulness and motivation;
- Attention to detail.
- Analysis and assessment of needs;
- Capacity to synthesize information;
- Conceptualization and generation of ideas;
- Implementing plans and initiating change;
- Monitoring progress;
- Visual design and innovation;
- Time management and prioritization;
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Work hours: Part time or full time, to be determined with the candidate.
- Duration of employment: To be discussed with the candidate.
- Start date: To be discussed with the candidate.
- Salary: To be discussed with the candidate.
- The confirmation and details of the contract depend on funding received by the organization.
- Application deadline: June 1st, 2020.
TO BE ELIGIBLE
- Applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
HOW TO APPLYThe application package must include:
- Letter of intent
- Sample of design work (an asset)
Send your application before June 1st, 2020 to Alena Ziuleva via e-mail: hr [at] tqsoi.org and specify “Communications Agent” in the subject line.