Please register in to view contact information
JOB OFFER: Co-coordinator of “The Hive” Gender Advocacy Centre at Dawson College **Please note this position is not available for current Dawson college students** Job Title
- Co-coordinator of The Hive - Gender Advocacy Centre
Type of Position
- Part time, permanent.
- 17.5 hours/week
- Flexible schedule, created in collaboration with the current coordinator.
- Start date: January 6th 2020
- $21.50/hr -- raised to $22/hr in 2020-2021 school year.
- - Reimbursement of Opus card and phone bill.
- - Six weeks of paid vacation in the summer and three weeks paid vacation in the winter.
- - 37 hours of sick days and 37 hours of personal days.
---------------- Do you love compassionately educating people about sensitive topics? Do you have experience in delivering consent workshops? Do you feel passionate about non-judgemental access to support services? Do you know a thing or two about safer sex material? This job may be for you! The Hive - Gender Advocacy Centre is a service provided by the Dawson Student Union at Dawson College. The Hive focuses on helping cegep students with their mental, physical, or sexual well-being. The Hive currently has one coordinator who is looking for an amazing person to become their co-coordinator. Together, they will keep The Hive up and running.
- - Stocking the office with condoms, lube, tampons, pads, latex gloves, dental dams, menstrual cups, chest binders, - -
- reusable menstrual pads, and pregnancy tests,
- - Distributing products to cegep students in a respectful and informative manner,
- - Keeping inventory of all products,
- - Recording statistics of how many students visit the office and for what purpose,
- - Creating content for social media,
- - Facilitating the Dawson Student Union’s mandatory consent workshops,
- - Creating and facilitating events and projects,
- - Referring students to mental, physical, or sexual health services that are located within Dawson college or within the city,
- - Facilitating the sign-up process for free STI testing at the college,
- - Panic attack de-escalation,
- - Peer support.
------------ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- - It is not required to have a cegep or university degree.
- - Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Basic French, written and spoken. Other languages are an asset.
- - Must have experience and be able to offer panic attack de-escalation. Having done training is an asset.
- - Must be comfortable in referring students to sensitive services such as abortion clinics, mental health centres, sexual --assault centres, etc.
- - Must have experience and be able to assist transgender and gender non-conforming students in accessing information about hormone replacement therapy, surgeries, name and gender marker changes, and binder purchasing.
- - Must have experience and be capable in supporting survivors of sexual assault. Having done training is an asset.
- - Must have basic knowledge of harm reduction.
- - Must have experience and knowledge of safer sex material, birth control methods, Sexually Transmitted Infections, and pregnancy.
- - Must have experience in facilitating workshops. It is an asset if you have facilitated a consent workshop before.
- - Must have experience in non-violent communication and peer support. Having done training is an asset.
- - Ability to work autonomously.
- - Must have a firm belief in rejecting and addressing racism, sexism, transphobia, homophobia, classism, ableism. Must work towards keeping the space anti-oppressive and accessible to all.
---------- EMPLOYMENT EQUITYThe Hive and the Dawson Student Union value the skills and perspectives of those who live marginalized experiences and face various forms of oppression. People of colour, people with disabilities, women, two-spirited and queer people, trans and gender nonconforming people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are encouraged to apply and, if comfortable, disclose their positionality. --------- APPLICATION PROCESSIf you are interested in applying for this position, please email us at hivecoordinator2 [at] dawsonstudentunion.com with the subject line stating “CV, Last name, First name”. Send us your CV and a short cover letter introducing yourself and explaining why you think you would be perfect for the job. Only potential applicants will be contacted to conduct a phone interview and an in-person interview.The deadline to apply is October 7th 2019 by 5pm.