Please register in to view contact information
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AD: http://www.concordia.ca/content/dam/finearts/docs/ymca/FR_ENG%20-%20Moni...(trice)%20Specialis%C3%A9s%20Music%20Exploration,%20Camp%20de%20jour%20-%20Concordia.pdf POSITION OVERVIEW The YMCAs of Québec day camps offer fun‐filled activities that are both physically and intellectually stimulating. The Y has long been known for its child development and youth programs for children. Our activities are designed with the needs and interests of each age group in mind. Our high‐quality day camp programs are offered to numerous children at eight of our Y centers. This new YMCA-Concordia Fine Arts camp combines Concordia’s Fine Arts expertise with the YMCAs of Québec’s long camp tradition to allow kids to immerse themselves in the arts and discover new modes of expression and creation. The various programs offered are in fines arts, theater, dance & music, for young people from 5 to 17 years old. Reporting to the Camp Coordinator team, our Specialized Music Counsellors work with children aging from 5 to 12. They deliver a fun and safe camp experience through the planning and animation of age‐appropriate music-oriented programming (introduction to piano, strings, percussion, choral singing, and various musical concepts). They participate in the full life of camp as well as establish and maintain positive relationships with the children, parents and the camp team. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, coordinates and animates fun and age‐appropriate musical-oriented programming for his/her group in collaboration with his/her co‐Counsellor.
- Ensures that children are safely supervised at all times and that the camp environment is always safe, secure and clean.
- Communicates regularly with parents, and responds to parent’s inquiries and questions in a prompt and courteous manner to maintain positive relationship with them and their children
- Attends and participates in all required camp meetings and trainings, including weekly staff meetings and welcome telephone calls.
- Adhere to the YMCA’s Child Protection Policies and Procedures. QUALIFICATIONS
- 18 years of age + by the first day of camp.
- Experience working with children and youth.
- Experience leading musical group workshops and / or teaching the basics of music & instruments (piano, violin, ukulele, guitar, percussion)
- In progress or completion of a university degree in a related field of study (Fines arts, Music, Arts Education, Child Development, Education, Leisure Studies, Psychology )(an asset)
- Experience working in a residential or day camp (an asset).
- CPR and First Aid Certification (an asset).
- Proficiency in French and English.
- Have no criminal record in connection with employment.
Location: Concordia University – Downtown campus Status: Seasonal Salary starting at $13.50 per hour Schedule: Monday to Friday - 35 to 40 hours per week Mandatory training dates: June 7th, 8th and 9th & June 17th to 21st 2019 Employment Start date: June 25 th to July 25 2019