Please register in to view contact information
Under the supervision of the Program Director and Assistant Program Director, the Youth Co-op Coordinator supervises all members selected and ensures the proper functioning of the cooperative. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish a process for selecting participants (information sessions and interviews)
- Plan and implement training workshops to youth
- Oversee youth in the establishment and development of their cooperative
- Accompany youth in research and implementation of contracts
- Attend all necessary meetings including but not limited to different community organizations (i.e. CJS)
- Build positive relationships with youth co-op members by creating a welcoming and structured environment
- Intervene effectively in conflict situations when necessary and teach youth how to resolve conflicts autonomously
- Teach the youth tools to be able to build on their independence in order to run the CJS on their own
- Coordinate larger contracts
- Produce a report of all activities at the end of the project
- Promote positive individual and group behaviour
- Have been registered as a student in 2017-2018 and be returning to school in September 2018.
- Study in one the followings fields: social work, leisure intervention technique, special care counseling, communication or any other appropriate field (University diploma).
- Training or appropriate experience in animation with youth 12 to 18 years of age is an asset.
- Knowledge of community organizations is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in French and English (written, oral and verbal).
- Be available to attend a 3-day intensive training on the development of a work cooperative (May 23-25)
- Flexible, reliable, independent, mature
- First-Aid & CPR certification is an asset
- Experience working with ethno-cultural communities an asset.
- Strong organization skills, ability to delegate, multi-tasking, time management and computer skills (ex. Microsoft Word, Excel)
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 10:00am to 5:00pm. Some flexibility required
- Available for the entire duration of the contract starting May 22nd and ending August 10th
- Salary for this position is $16.00 per hour paid every two weeks.
Submission deadline: May 4th, 2018, 5:00pmPlease send your CV, letter of intent and two references to:Darnell Jones, Program DirectorEmail: darnelljones [at] tyndalestgeorges.com