The Campaigns Assistant will inform and mobilize students on the annual campaign of the CSU and other CSU campaigns as seen in the CSU positions book*, under the supervision of the Campaigns Coordinator. They will achieve this through classroom announcements, postering, leafleting, tabling, social media outreach and by assisting in the organization of various campaigns events. They will be responsible for volunteer recruitment, training and coordination. The Campaigns Assistant may not be required to work on non-campaign events, such as the CSU orientation, or for the CSU services.
· Assisting the Campaigns Coordinator, and the External Affairs and Mobilization Coordinator to define and design the scope of a campaign, and develop a strategic plan for the annual as well as other CSU campaigns;
· Staying informed about the social political issues the CSU is campaigning on;
· Promoting the campaigns and campaigns related events of the CSU on the ground and by online means, under the direction of the Campaigns Coordinator;
· Recruiting, training and coordinating volunteers;
· Taking part in the organization of campaigns related events, including procurement, production of information materials, set-up and take-down of event installations;
· Developing collaborations and long-term partnerships with campus and off-campus organizations as required by the Campaigns department;
· Attending related meetings as required by campaigns department.