Concordia Continuing Education is seeking three (3) Concordia students for the position of student monitors. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Programs, Academic Coordinator and Program Activity Coordinator at the CCE, the monitors will promote and participate in social and cultural activities for students enrolled in the Intensive English as a Second Language Program, French language program and visiting groups at the Centre for Continuing Education. This position will begin in the 2017 fall term and extend across the academic year. Duties include:
- Attend training in working with international student population;
- Attend new student orientations;
- Monitor, plan and supervise weekly afternoon workshops, activities and outings;
- Accompany students on socio-cultural outings on campus, locally and regionally;
- Provide opportunities to students to explore the Concordia campus;
- Facilitate language practice activities for students in French and English.
Qualifications and Criteria for Selection:
- Successfully completed at least 2 years of an undergraduate program at Concordia;
- Experience in organizing and implementing recreational activities and events;
- Excellent communication skills in English and French;
- Excellent time management and team work skills;
- Interest in working with an international student population and/or previous experience in working with an ESL population an asset;
- Sensitivity to working with diverse groups;
- Monitors must have some weekday availability;
- Must be available on Fridays;
- Must be available to accompany students on the whole school outing day.
DURATION and REMUNERATION: $15/hour DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION Please submit a letter of application, which addresses all of the qualifications and criteria noted above and include a current curriculum vitae, to the Assistant Director of Programs, Sherry Blok at sherry.blok [at] concordia.ca by August 30, 2017. Include your course schedule to indicate your availability.