The Legal Information Clinic (LIC) is a service provided by the CSU to offer legal information and referrals to our community. Volunteer law students provide legal information about immigration law, consumer protection, discrimination and other fields of law with the assistance of the LIC Coordinator. The LIC also provides accompaniment services and referrals to legal practitioners.
The LIC Assistant must be available to work at least 2 or 3 days per week during the LIC's operating hours, between Mon. to Friday,13:00 to 17:00.
- scheduling & making appointments
- taking messages & answering phone calls
- writing up protocols/office procedures, administrative reports and articles
- putting documents & materials on the intranet and internet
- maintaining the library and ensuring resources are up to date
- submitting requisitions for payment/reimbursement
- training volunteers and new clinic staff in office procedures
- organizing events & training logistics
- ordering supplies & ensuring desks are equipped with supplies and required forms at all times
- collecting & compiling stats and feedback for reports and evaluating clinic's services
- editing documents
- handling and sending correspondence
- maintaining order in office of files, supplies, and other administrative tasks
Applications must include
- Cover letter, C.V and Academic transcripts
- Fall 2019 class schedules or availabilities
- Include work study authorization if applicable
How to Apply:
Email your Application to firstname.lastname@example.org . Title the application "LIC Assistant- SEPT 2019". Applications that are incomplete or do not follow these steps will not be considered.
NOTE: This is a Permanent Part-Time position.
For all candidates Friday, September 9, 2019..