Under the supervision of the Recreation Coordinator, the Day Camp Counselor assists in the development and implementation of socio-recreational programs in the Day Camp Program while ensuring the social enrichment and safety of the program participants. He/she promotes an environment conducive to team work. Duties and Responsibilities:Strategic management of program
- Plan socio-recreation curriculum and special events.
- Animate socio-recreational activities and special events.
- Teach children social development skills.
- Promote positive individual and group behaviour.
- Intervene effectively in conflict situations.
- Supervise volunteers and interns during programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with children, parents, program staff and volunteers.
- Complete all administrative tasks assigned by the Recreation Coordinator
- Participate in supervisory/staff meetings.
- Manage equipment, material and supplies.
- Evaluate programmed activities and submit reports.
Support of Tyndale St-Georges
- Promote Centre’s services through all program activities (publicity, recruitment, registrations, and orientations).
- Participation in mandatory special events and other activities of Tyndale St-Georges.
- Attend relevant Centre wide meetings and events.
- Ability to communicate in French and English (written, oral and verbal).
- CEGEP in a related filed or relevant experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in child animation and program planning
- Experience working with ethno-cultural communities an asset.
- Strong understanding of and ability to support child development.
- Strong organization skills, ability to delegate, multi-tasking, time management and computer skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- 35 hours per week (June 18 to July 27, Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm). Some flexibility required.
Submission deadline: May 25th, 2018, 5:00pmPlease send your CV, letter of intent and two references to:Darryl King, Recreation CoordinatorEmail: DarrylKing [at] tyndalestgeorges.com