MISSION OF THE ORGANIZATIONThe TQSOI is a non-profit organization that unites citizens and stakeholders from the community, including institutions, community organisations, the private sector, and elected officials in order to enhance the quality of life of individuals and to promote social development in the southern West Island. POSITION SUMMARYThe Communications Agent will assist with the creation of a communications strategy designed to reach out to the West Island population and stakeholders. The TQSOI is looking to optimize its current communication practices, which are mainly done through Facebook, a Mailchimp newsletter, and our WordPress website. The Agent will also be responsible for creating communications materials to promote the TQSOI’s initiatives and sensitize the population and stakeholders about local social issues. The Communications Agent will work in collaboration with a team of community members and under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator. TASK DESCRIPTION
- Factual and critical analysis of our organisation and its communication practices;
- Assist with the creation of a communications strategy;
- Visualize data and information for graphic design;
- Create social media content and other communications material;
- Disseminate the material;
- Document the communications strategy for evaluation;
- Evaluate the impact of the communications strategy.