- Hours: 12 hours/week for the summer, 18 hours/week starting September 1st, 2017.
- Compensation: $15/hr
- Timeline: One year with potential to extend
- Supervisors: Sustainable Concordia Board of Directors and Coordinator
- About Sustainable Concordia (SC)
We are an organization that builds and measures culture and practices of sustainability at Concordia University in solidarity with the global community. We believe that fundamental changes need to be implemented. We assess and address challenges of the existing economy based on unlimited growth and exploitation of natural resources and the political system that excludes key stakeholders from participating in decision-making.By acting locally and networking globally, we achieve sustainability by exploring, creating, and institutionalizing models that function within the earth’s carrying capacity.We aim to enact an expanded political mission for the university, and redirect decision-making through a multi-stakeholder approach based on transparency and maximum participation.
The role of the External & Campaigns Coordinator is to represent the interests and positions of SC in the campus and community environment. The Coordinator will be responsible for driving the processes of developing strategies and structures for the attainment of SC’s strategic campaigns and outreach goals. The Coordinator will represent SC at multi-organization meetings and work to inform, mobilize, and collaborate with key stakeholders of SC’s campaigns and objectives. The Coordinator will serve as the primary media spokesperson for the organization and is responsible for writing official statements, in collaboration with team members.
- Task Descriptions:
- Driving strategic campaigns, outreach planning, and execution processes in collaboration with other coordinators, board members, volunteers, and external organizations
- Training and mentoring volunteers that will participate in SC’s strategic campaigns and outreach plans in collaboration with the Engagement Coordinator
- Acting as Sustainable Concordia spokesperson:
- Public speaking at events on and off campus
- Speaking to the media when required
- Writing and presenting official statements
- Editing and maintaining up-to-date mailing list and database of allies
- Representing SC in on-campus committees
- Attending weekly Sustainable Concordia Coordinators meetings
- Attending Sustainable Concordia Board of Director meetings when required
- Collaborating with other coordinators in day-to-day operations of the organization including, but not limited to, meeting preparation and facilitation, board – coordinator relations, Annual General Meeting and retreat planning, Participatory Budgeting processes etc