Are you interested in helping students to learn about and exercise their rights as tenants and employees? Then you should apply to work at the HOJO office! We are currently hiring students to help us get the word out in our office where we meet with students and provide one-on-one assistance, give workshops, table and create and share content on social media and on our websites.
Type of Position: permanent (part-time)
Salary/Hourly Rate: $18.20/hr, 8 to 15 hours per week
Deadline to Apply: 2018-09-19 at 5 PM
The HOJO Assistant helps students in finding available housing and provides job referral information. They also provide legal information regarding housing and job issues to students. They regularly communicate with landlords, employers and students regarding rental and employment regulations, and HOJO’s services. The HOJO Assistant will maintain or web content, social media and other office tasks required for the running of the HOJO office.
- Excellent spoken and written English and functional spoken French
- Friendly, helpful and polite customer service, both in-office, on the phone and online
- Keen interest and understanding of Tenants and workers rights
- Comfortable with computers, including Mac and PC operating systems, Microsoft office (Work,
- Being registered as a full-time student at Concordia;
-Knowledge of the Quebec Civil Code, particularly as it pertains to tenants rights
-Knowledge of working regulations in Quebec
-Knowledge of the Regie du logement, Commission des normes du travail, CSST, housing committees and tenants associations, advocacy groups, etc
-Previous experience in an office setting,
-Work with advocacy and/or non-profit organizations
-Non-judgmental and understanding attitude
The CSU Off-Campus Housing and Job Resource Centre (HOJO) assists the Concordia community with legal and general information and support in regards to housing and employment opportunities and issues. The Hojo Assistants provide information and support in regards to finding housing and employment and/or dealing with problems in either area. This person will speak with landlords, employers and students in person, over the phone and via email to give them information on rental and employment regulations, and will promote our service. The Hojo Assistant will assist student in searching for available housing and provide job referral information. They will also promote the service by speaking with the public during tabling, workshops and conference events. They will review online postings, register new users online, collect statistics on service usage, in addition to filing, updating files, answering email and phone calls and such tasks that are required for the running of the service.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter and C.V;
- Fall 2018 class schedule.
How to Apply:
Email your CV (DO NOT USE FACEBOOK), cover letter, and Fall 2018 class schedule to email@example.com with the title "HOJO Assistant Fall 2018" by September 19th 2018 at 5 PM. Incomplete application and application that do not follow these steps will not be considered. Interviews will take place the week of September 24th.
Contact E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone Number: 514-848-7474 x7935
* the Workstudy program allows full-time Concordia students to work on-campus part-time and is a service supported by the Financial Aid and Awards office. Visit http://www.concordia.ca/students/financial-support/work-study.html for more information on how to apply for a work-study authorization. Keep in mind that eligible students must be registered full-time in a program and receiving governmental student aid. International (except U.S.) students are exempt from the latter criteria.